Camera is back, and so is Spring!

Finally! My camera broke last year, and I have been having trouble setting up a new cheap one for a while. It' finally working, and it seems "good enough for who it's for," as my mother always says.

Just in time to capture my bulbs!
So disclaimer: I am not a fan of showy bulbs. I like more delicate colors and small simple flowers. But I love free and I love scent. Free got me many of these non-species tulips which revert over time to red and yellow (from the former owners, and from the Minneapolis Parks, which toss their bulbs every year). Scent got me hyacinth and these fluffy daffodils. I like single layer narcissus better, but these smell wonderful, as promised by Mother Earth Gardens. Totally worth it.

By the way: Dear Squirrels: Thppt! I covered each patch of bulbs with chicken wire last fall, under the dirt. Hah! Guess you had to take a bite and toss aside something else all winter, eh? No more expensive (or free) bulbs of mine for you! (knock on wood)

Comments